June 28, 2017

General Edward H. Tarrant

15 MAY 1932
GEN. EDWARD H. TARRANT – PIONEER’S REST CEMETERY
FORT WORTH, TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS

GETvertical

Marker front

ehtarrant-back

Marker back.

In 1931, the Willis Brewer Chapter reported planning ceremonies for unveiling a marker being erected to the memory of Gen. Edward H. Tarrant, a soldier in the War of 1812, and for whom Tarrant County was named. Contract for the marker was awarded to McNeal Marble Co. Marietta, GA. The marker was unveiled and dedicated on May 15, 1932 at the final resting place of Gen. Tarrant.

He had died at Fort Belknap, August 2, 1858. In 1859, he was reburied in his home town of Italy, TX. In 1928 the Daughters of the Republic of Texas had his body removed to the Pioneer Rest Cemetery in Ft. Worth.

Pioneers Rest Cemetery Fort Worth, TX

Pioneers Rest Cemetery – Fort Worth, TX