December 15, 2017

Tarrant County Historical Marker

18 MAY 1949
TARRANT COUNTY HISTORICAL MARKER — COURTHOUSE LAWN
FORT WORTH, TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS

 

newtarrant-1812

Erected on courthouse lawn of Tarrant County.

After its formation in March 1948, the General Edward H. Tarrant Chapter hosted an open meeting, attended by the Tyler and Dallas Chapters where Mrs. F. B. Ingram of Cavet Chapter and 4th Vice-President National gave the program. The Chapter’s first major project was to raise funds and place a Memorial Marker to General Edward H. Tarrant on the Courthouse lawn in Fort Worth.

On May 18, 1949 the Chapter participated in placing a Memorial Monument to General Edward H. Tarrant on the Courthouse lawn in Fort Worth, Texas. The Tarrant County Historical Society and business leaders had joined in financing the Monument. USD1812 national, state and chapter officers attended the dedication.

newTCHM

Closeup of marker.